Frequently asked questions


Can I start my course at any time?
This will depend on the course you are interested in. Many courses have mid-year enrolments and some of our programs have 'rolling' enrolments which means you can start your training at any time.

How will I be assessed?
Assessments must comply with the four principles of assessment and ensure validity, reliability, flexibility and fairness is maintained. Provision for alternative assessment (customised assessment) is available in special circumstances via negotiation with the responsible teacher.

Will my course lead into another course?
Many of our courses lead to other TAFE courses or university courses. This is documented in our course guides for each study area.

What happens when I finish my course?
On successful completion of all units of competency, assessment tasks and any other course completion requirements, you will be eligible to graduate. Graduation ceremonies are usually held in March.

If I complete a short course do I get a certificate?
You will receive a Statement of Attainment on completion of a short ​course, not a certificate or qualification.

Does completing an online application mean I have enrolled?
No. You are not enrolled in a course until you have received a Letter of Offer, completed the formal enrolment process and paid your fees in full.

>> read more on applications and enrolment

Can I enrol in a course at any campus?
Yes, as long as you have the required documents for staff to process the enrolment. Please note some campuses do not have the facilities to issue Student Identification Cards, but your enrolment can be processed and Student ID card collected at a later time during business hours.

How can I find out more?
All campuses have an Information Centre with customer service staff that provide information on all of our courses. They can also put you in touch with any specialists including teaching staff that you may need to speak with.

What do I do next?
Bendigo TAFE Course​ Guides​ provide information on the range of courses available on all of our campuses. Courses are listed under areas of interest and include an overview of all courses, a description of the course, duration, entry requirements and career opportunities.

So, if you know the course that you want to do, check out the online application form and apply now.

If you are still unsure about what area you would like to study in, then contact us and we will put you touch with a subject expert. Alternatively, we can arrange an appointment for you with our careers counsellor. 

Fees and charges

​Why do tuition fees vary?
Students’ tuition fees will vary as these are costed on an individual basis. Fees are based on the number of course hours your selected course involves, the level or category of study you intend to undertake and your own specific circumstances.

Why do enrolment fees vary?
Students’ enrolment fees will vary as enrolment fees are calculated on an individual basis. Fees are based on the number of hours in your selected course, your previous study experience, the level or category of study you intend to undertake, your eligibility for a government subsidy or concession and your own specific circumstances.

When do I have to pay my fees?
Fees are payable in full at the time of enrolment. GST will be charged where applicable and will be detailed on each student’s official receipt. Students have a variety of options for payment of their fees and charges, including cash, cheque, credit card and EFTPOS.

What are VET student loans?
This is a new student loans program that replaces the previous VET FEE-HELP scheme, to give eligible students access to quality higher level VET qualifications, particularly those students who could not otherwise afford to pay upfront.

>> read more on VET Student Loans​

What other financial assistance is available?
Students having difficulty paying enrolment fees can make an appointment with the student counsellor for advice and the option of undertaking a student loan. There are also a number of circumstances where hardship applications may be made for fee exemption, reduction or concession. The student may be eligible for a fee reduction, subject to Centrelink criteria. Further information about eligibility is available by contacting Centrelink. The student counsellor is situated in the Bendigo TAFE Information Centre and an appointment can be made by phoning 13TAFE.

What is a concession rate?
Government subsidised enrolments may also be eligible for a concession rate which means that the Tuition Fee is charged at the lowest rate. Concession rates are only currently applicable to individuals holding the following concession cards or status:

  • Commonwealth Health Care Card (HCC)
  • Pensioner Concession Card
  • Veterans’ Gold Card
  • If you are a dependent spouse or child of a card holder
  • If you are an Indigenous student.

Concession rates do not apply to students who are getting their tuition fees paid by a Commonwealth Government Agency or as part of a Commonwealth program or initiative.

>> read more on fee assistance

Are there any other fees?
Additional fees that you may be required to pay are:

  • Statement of Results (post 1987) - $10 per request
  • Statement of Results (pre 1986) - $20 search fee
  • Student ID card replacement
  • Certificate replacement
  • Printing and photocopying 

Campus details

Where is Bendigo TAFE located?

We have five campus locations:
  • Bendigo City Campus
  • Bendigo Charleston Road Campus
  • Bendigo Technical Education College (BTEC)
  • Echuca Campus
  • Castlemaine Campus.
How can I get there? 
There are many different options for students wishing to travel to and from Bendigo TAFE campuses using public transport. 
Where can I park and is it free?
Bendigo City Campus has metered parking available in the vicinity and there are limited all day parking bays available within walking distance. The remaining campuses have limited free parking available onsite, with public access parking nearby. All campuses are located in close proximity to public transport.   

Complaints and feedback

Bendigo TAFE welcomes all feedback including general comments, compliments, suggestions and concerns. There are two ways you can lodge a complaint:

  1. Informally by discussing directly with the staff member concerned
  2. Formally by completing the formal feedback form which is available as an online form or can be downloaded and placed in one of the feedback boxes available at each campus.

Read more about the process from the contact us page.