During your time at TAFE, you may experience difficulties and challenges. Bendigo TAFE offers free and confidential counselling.
All campuses offer these services face to face, online, or by telephone.
Our counsellors are here to help you with whatever issue you may be facing. In most cases, counselling is confidential; however, this does not apply in all cases. We are mandated to report any danger to relevant and appropriate services and to management if we believe you or someone else is in danger. If it's safe to do so, we'll inform you when we're breaking confidentiality to prevent harm to you or others.
Do you require assistance outside of business hours?
We recommend you contact the following services
- Emergency Services (Police, Ambulance and Fire): 000
- LifeLine: 131 113
- Domestic/ Family Violence Support: 1800 015 188
- Suicide callback services: 1300 659 467
- Housing Crisis Support: 1800 825 955
A Peer-to-Peer support app called TalkCampus is available to all Bendigo TAFE students. TalkCampus provides free and instant support for your mental health and wellbeing any time of the day, anywhere in the world. The app allows you to be anonymous while accessing support from peers across the globe in a safe, effective and encouraging environment. You can also access the Clinical Helpline, a 24/7 multi-language chat service where you can engage with trained mental health professionals.
How to Download & Use TalkCampus
- Download the mobile app by searching for 'TalkCampus' on Google Play (Android phones) or the App Store (iPhones) and selecting download.
- Click on the sign-up button on the home page of the app.
- Register using your Bendigo TAFE student email address. (E.g. 'STUDENTIDfirstname.lastname@example.org, e.g. email@example.com) and choose a password.
The TalkCampus app is managed and operated by TalkLife, an independent third party.
Bendigo TAFE pays a fee to TalkLife so that you can access the app for free.
Bendigo TAFE does not know which students use the TalkCampus app and do not have any power to moderate use of the app, access your data or request access. You must use your Bendigo TAFE email address to create a TalkCampus account. However, this is a one-off transaction, and no personal information is passed back to us about your individual needs unless there is an emergency. In this case, Bendigo TAFE has asked your details to get passed on to our counselling team to follow up with you.